We think lanterns are a beautiful way to dress up your wedding so when we found this blog we couldn’t help but share. There are some seriously gorgeous ideas here and you can do them all yourself! Remember, YPD can always help too!
I know what you are thinking: paper and outdoors?? Well, perhaps not permanantly, but for those non-rainy summer gatherings, you will want your outdoors do be as fun and welcoming as your indoors. Paper is inexpensive, comes in a bazillion varieties, and makes a big impact! Here’s a big tip: start with a ready-made paper lantern and gussy it up a bit!
1. Belinda at the Happy Home Blog used doilies to make this stunning statement,above.
2. Martha takes a page from Belinda’s book by covering lanterns with colored tissue paper for an entirely different effect. (Top image)
3. Craftynest spruced up her paper lanterns with white flowers and pom-pom fringe.
4. If you aren’t into round lanterns, how about square? This project from Blush and Bashful is simply paper bags with flair.
5. Lastly, this lighted pennant garland from Once Wed is another fun way to change up typical string lights around the patio.
Hopefully these cheap and easy DIY’s will get you in the mood for a little summer socializing. You know you want to host a party now…